JETCAM Expert Router nesting and CADCAM software
JETCAM's routing functionality offers fully automatic routing of both external and internal profiles and provides a suitable alternative to environmentally unfriendly technologies such as chemical milling. Auxiliary routing (routing areas and slots where the main router will not fit) is also fully automatic, including selection of the correct router bit to cut the auxiliary profile (a preferred set of tools can be specified for each machine and material). Additional automatic processes, such as full destruction of complex internal contours, micro-tabbing, screw and rivet insertion and removal are also available.
Starting holes are automatically drilled to allow the router bit to reach its “Z” depth before starting a cut. Standard and user definable Lead-ins and Lead-outs are available.
Using the SEKT (Stored Expert Knowledge Technology) database the user has a comprehensive list of options with which to customise the system to suit each particular machine tool, material and method of working.
- Tool, Rivet, & Screw setup: Automatic processing options for applying and removing Rivets, Screws, Micro Tabs, and Rivet/Screw Tabs
- Component unloading and Scrap handling options, including parameters to automatically determine how the scrap in an internal irregular cutout is to be handled
- Parameters to control automatic cycles for the sheet drilling and rivetting, including how the drilling and rivets are applied to the material to prevent sheet distortion during the rivetting cycle
- Full nest simulation for visual cutter and tool path verification with option for interactive modifications
Very high level of automation for routers that have the requirement to nest parts on sheet material:
- Stack Routers with the following material clamping methods:
- Rivet hold down/Screw hold down
- Automatically applies rivets and screws to part and sheet
- Pressure foot hold down
- Rivet hold down/Screw hold down
- Single Sheet routing of parts with:
- Vacuum hold down / Screw hold down / Pressure foot hold down
- Routing of panels that have blind pockets in both the top and bottom face of the material
- Automatic programming and nesting of both sides with instructions to reverse the sheet
- Rivets and screws required to clamp the raw material skeleton can be applied (automatically or interactively) to the area surrounding the component during component programming. This manufacturing information is carried with the programmed part and automatically applied during nesting. This completely eliminates the need for adding rivets or screws manually at nesting time (even though it is possible)
- Add micro tabs automatically or interactively during programming
- Add tooling tags with rivet hold down automatically or interactively
- Choice of complete internal destruction of irregular-shaped internal cutouts, or cutting only the profile and holding the scrap in place with rivets or screws, or removal by means of vacuum
- Effective 'Broken Orders' handling during batch nesting
JETCAM also brings innovative new features to routing:
Mosaic Nesting is a set of small rectangular nests, each of DIFFERENT material, which, in an effort to reduce machine setup time, are treated by JETCAM Expert as one single nest. Only one optimized CNC program is created, which will process all separate sheets. This functionality was specifically designed for routing machines used in aerospace and similar application, where there is often a need to produce a number of components of different materials, but only a small number of each.
JETCAM, on the other hand, will automatically nest these small 'sub nests', optimize machining paths and tool changes and produce a single CNC program. All the machine operator needs to do is position various pieces of material on the table as indicated by JETCAM, reference the 'zero' point once and press the start button. All nests will be optimally machined in one go!