JETCAM Expert CAD CAM software for flatbed cutting machines
More and more companies are turning to computer controlled cutting machines to replace the labour intensive operation of cutting materials by hand. A reliable, efficient and automated CAM nesting system is then essential to keep programming time and operator interaction to a minimum, to maximise use of machine production capacity and to minimise material usage and wastage. JETCAM Expert delivers this on all counts, with a system specifically tailored for cutting composite and other materials.
When there is a high volume of parts that require programming and nesting, the ability to automatically batch process component geometry files directly from the CAD system, followed by efficient nesting of all material orders, is crucial for most companies. Such full automation can now be achieved using JETCAM's Remote Control Processing (RCP) functionality. This allows for the instructions to the system to be provided automatically instead of from operator keyboard/mouse entries. One of the options for this is through the use of Pre Programmed Input (PPI). When in automatic mode, the system will extract the required manufacturing information from the PPI data supplied by the CAD system with each CAD file, process the part and store it in the component database ready for nesting at some future date. JOC (JETCAM Order Controller) can also be used to remotely manage component processing and nesting of orders.
Another approach is for the factory production control system (or any other external software for that matter) to control the JETCAM system directly. It issues commands that instruct JETCAM which components to process and nest, using which material and for which machines. Such operation is fully automatic and bi-directional where JETCAM Expert returns comprehensive reports and creates a log file for each request processed. Of course, a full manual 'override' capability is provided for all automatic system functions.
The very high cost of composite and many other materials, or large quantities being processed requires nesting layouts to be ultra-efficient. Historically, because existing automatic nesting solutions were simply not able to create effective enough layouts, this has typically been achieved through static nests created manually. This situation has changed with the introduction of JETCAM's latest high performance nesting module, which, together with other unique features of JETCAM, removes all the problems normally associated with dynamic nesting solutions. It allows users to employ dynamic nests generated as and when needed, that exceed the efficiency levels of manually created static nests as well as the performance of other nesting packages. Where required, a new dynamic layout can also be created starting with an existing static nest layout, automatically nesting other components within and around it. However, outstanding, generally better, material utilization can be achieved without adopting this practice.
Using the SEKT (Stored Expert Knowledge Technology) database the user has a comprehensive list of options with which to customise the system to suit each particular machine tool, material and method of working.
JETCAM software also provides comprehensive support for all punching, profiling (e.g. laser, waterjet cutting machines) and routing machines in use today and its continuing evolution will ensure support for tomorrow's as well. This includes its SEKT (Stored Engineering Knowledge Technology) and automatic tool placement technologies, which together take into account not only component geometry, but also individual machine characteristics, material properties, requirements for various component rotational orientations on the nest, etc. Also included are comprehensive tool path optimization with automatic hole and formed area avoidance, full nest simulation for visual cutter and tool path verification with option for interactive modification, automatic selection of unloading cycles for finished parts and scrap, effective 'Broken Orders' handling during batch nesting, complex cutout destruction, tabbing (microjoints), as well as numerous other advanced automatic features.
To provide unparalleled support for laser, water jet and other profiling machine tools, JETCAM has developed numerous features, including automatic lead-in and lead out selection and positioning, automatic tabbing (microjoints), automatic selection of corner processing technology for best possible cut quality (various types of corner loops and radii, corner 'slow-down', etc), automatic lead-in and path optimization, heat avoidance, automatic skeleton destruction, new high performance nesting algorithms and many, many more features.
Our knowledge has developed through years of experience in driving a comprehensive range of cutting, routing, punch press, laser, plasma and waterjet machines. Supporting virtually every machine available, including complex combination machines and machines with special attachments such as loaders/unloaders and sorting/stacking, JETCAM Expert offers a single solution regardless of the machining technology employed.
JETCAM Expert is installed in a wide range of companies - from the smallest subcontractor to multi-national organizations. Reasons for its success include its total reliability and minimal support requirements and its flexibility in configuration - users can rent or purchase as much or as little of the system as required although every configuration includes JETCAM's complete core technology - SEKT (Stored Engineering Knowledge Technology) - which stores tool, machine and material setup information, allowing the system to make the optimum and most effective choices automatically.
- Rapid response to component order demands
- Improved quality and consistency
- Fully automatic programming of components
- Fully automatic batch nesting of orders for different materials and machines
- Dramatically reduced programming time and cost
- Significant reduction in errors
- Dramatically improved material usage efficiency and reduced material wastage
- Significantly improved machine utilisation and productivity
- A single, fully integrated system for all technologies - routing, precision material cutting, composite cutting, punching, laser, waterjet and all other profiling applications
- Advanced materials, stock and component orders management
- Comprehensive support for complex accessories, such as loaders/unloaders, right angle shears etc
- Complete interaction or automation at every level of programming
- Support for virtually every routing, cutting, profiling & punching machine available
- Interactive and automatic parametric programming options available
- Comprehensive imported geometry 'healing' facility
- Single or Multiple sheet/ply cutting and routing
- Ability to automatically add an Oversize Condition to the periphery of the part, depending on its size
- Comprehensive Order Management
- Automatic reposition/roll splitting
- Part structure and ply management
- Material roll management - what has been used and what is left on the roll
- Automatic processing of flat pattern data from Digitisers, CAD systems, or specialist models flattening software developed specifically for composites such as FiberSIM
- High Material Usage Efficiency using JETCAM's new High Performance Free Form Nesting module
- Automatic Batch Nesting of Orders using RCP
- Automatic Input and Batch Processing of IGES & DXF Files using RCP
- Management of legacy data
- Identification of Plies/parts - Labelling attachments and fixed and indexable Inkjet heads are supported, allowing components to be marked for easy ply/part identification
- Remote control for full hands-off automation and unattended running
- Integrates tightly with Production Control Systems
- Core engine has been available since 1986 and has undergone continuous development, currently with over 5000 installed systems in over 70 countries
- Modular system - buy only what you need
- Very simple to install, learn and use
- Exceptionally reliable
- Dramatically improves material utilisation, delivering large financial benefits per year
- Speeds up programming and response to customers requirements
- Replaces outdated manual cutting, and replaces static nesting with dynamic nesting, avoiding expensive over-production of parts.
- Increases machine throughput
- For composites JETCAM improves Roll life utilization, managing orders to maximize production from material while out of the freezer
- Integrates with existing Manufacturing and CAD systems
- One nesting system covers all machine technologies irrespective of the manufacturer